So this is how our Hava Supi Trip started, middled, and ended.......
We left pretty late Wednesday and made it to Las Vegas (Lake Mead) area and camped in a fun little campground right next to HOOVER DAM!! We didn't take out our tent and layed under the stars with the trantulas, motorhomes, and crickets!
We get up super early the next morning and make the 5 hour drive to the Hava Supi Trail Head. Little did we know that it would be CLOSED because of flashfloods!!! We see this sign.. but being the Americans that we are.. don't think much of it and WANT to go SO BAD.. we ignored the sign, thinking... if they really wanted to keep us out, they would have posted a bigger sign.. and like 10 of them.. RIGHT? RIGHT?
Nope.. just one measly small sign at the bottom of the road.. so we drove an hour up the road and then was turned down by this sweet villager that told us that we couldn't hike down to the villiage.. DANG IT!!! So we improvise.. We got onto Highway Route 66 and drove to some fun little towns!
Next, we head to SEDONA, ARIZONA!!! So much fun.. our first stop of Slide Rock, a natural waterslide!! It was so much fun.. and beautiful!
Then we went to some sweet Indian ruins!! There are soo many in Arizona and we pretty much stopped at all of them!
I'm pretty sure I was meant to be an Indian Woman. I am AMAZED and in AWE at the Indians, their craftsmanship, inventions, and genius ways!
Do you see how they built their homes in the cliffs!!!!! GENIUS!
Then we hiked up to some vortex's! A Vortex we learned is a natural energy field where you are supposed to feel happy, beautiful and entergtic! And we DID!
A little hike-em-ups!
Beautiful land!
At the top. Sunset. Pretty!
The next day, we did a little hike-em-ups on the HIGHEST peak in ARIZONA, called MT. HUMPHREY.. we liked to call her HUMPH!
and... more Indians Ruins! SO AMAZING!!!



3 comments:
Your trip looks awesome. I love the ruins and that was something about the ones built in the cliffs. If the ruins could talk you would hear quite the amazing stories.
Nauvoo.....Its a great trip. I would go back. Very interesting and very spiritual to be there. I hope you can make it happen for your next trip.
Oh my how fun! When did you do this? How can you do this and teach? UEA? You are so cute, love all the pics!
Mads! What a blast! I love how you always find awesome stuff to do! I'm sorry I didn't make it to the Ingrid concert with you. I was so excited when you told me but I had a RS activity we'd been planning for a while and I was obligated to go. It was still fun but I'm sure it wasn't as fun as seeing our friend Ingrid with you. I feel like such a flake. But I love you and I would enjoy nothing more than to see your smiling face soon! Let's make it happen, mmk! :)
Post a Comment