23.8.09

When life hands you a longboard... RIDE IT










well im sure you all have heard my sweet biffing it on a longboard story but just incase ill recap! So me and my friend Jeff were in Rexburg waiting for my friends Megan and Brig and we had about 20 min. to kill. I bought a longboard 4 days ago and so I was pretty excited to get on it for the first time! Well Jeff takes me to this pretty big hill and wanted to show me how to carve. So I start to go down it, trying to carve but I start to go faster and faster! I was picking up so much speed and didn't really know what to do at this point and my board was shaking really bad! So i bailed and tried to run with the momentum but the momentum was going WAYYYY to fast and I smacked my face right onto the pavement and skidded across it for a while!
I got up and I was totally fine! I was probably in shock cause my shirt was all bloddy and my chin was dripping blood but i was perfect! Couldn't have been better. Jeff said we should go to the E.R and I was like... "No, my dad usually superglues our scrapes". Jeff was like.. "Well there is nothing really to super glue!" Apparantly there was a huge gash missing from my chin! Well we went to the E.R. and I got all stiched up (7 stiches) and then we were on our way again!!! Megan and Brig met us at the E.R. and Megan was so sweet to hold my hand as I was given the numbing shot into my chin! She had to skidaddle after a while because watching was making her naucious and light headed but Meg thanks so much for being in the room with me! It meant a lot!!!!

6 comments:

Velma said...

Ouch!!!!! Thats gonna leave a mark!!!
Love you

Sarah said...

yikes... it looks even worse in person! are you going to wear a cute bandaid so you don't freak out the little kids, or leave it out to show how tough you are? dilemma, dilemma...

Melissa P said...

dang that looks pretty brutal! You will probably have a scar on your chin like me!!! ha ha we will be twinners! did you say you chipped a tooth too??? or did I make that up?

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh madz!! ouch!! that looks really awful! it will make for an interesting first day at school, no? if you have fifth graders, you will probably be the coolest student teacher ever. if you have kindergarten or first, i'm thinking they might be a litle afraid of you for a while.

Bryce and Sierra Hannibal said...

Holy cow madz! I love that you rode that long board...and that is a sweet cut...looks painful...but you got a cool story out of it! Way to go madz!

Andre said...

What's the meaning "fun shmun"