2.8.09

to my BESTEST FRIEND!!


So I started this post back in May and have just been working on bits and pieces and trying to find some pics from back in the day. I wanted to write this post and thank my bestest bestest friend, Lorie Ann, for her love, friendship, support, fun adventures, patience, kindness, and wonderful example! 4 years ago this month Lorie and I met freshman year at BYU-Idaho in the Sarah Ann Barnes dorms. I have been so blessed to have Lorie in my life because she is just the greatest! I just wanted to thank you Low for being the most amazingest friend EVEr! We have been through a lot together... fun times, sad times, happy times, mad times, and glad times! :) Thank you for always being so loving and kind and such a wonderful example to me! YOu are so sweet and thoughtful!




I thought this would be the first summer I wouldn't see Low because the summer of our freshman year we came back early and did I-Team together. Sophomore year we traveled to Hawaii together and junior year we were in California together! And now in 2 weeks Lorie is coming to visit for 10 days!!! I am sooo excited!


So I found some pics that explain our life since we met! Miss ya girl!


Freshman Year! We had a great ward and wonderful Bishop! We also met some fun people in the dorms and had great R.A's. Roomates: Bex and Jazzy! The first time I remember hanging out with Lorie is one night our roommate, Bex, brought out her bluegrass mandolin and was playing it for us. Well Bex started playing this Irish music and so Lorie and I started dancing and made up an Irish Jig to it! We clicked right away that night and found out how cool the other person really was! ( I mean how many people can up and perform an Irish Jig dance!?)





I love these two pics of us becasue they really explain our relationship! Crazy, fun, weird, and random!



The great thing about hanging out with Lorie is that you can be doing the weirdest, most randomest things... but it is very entertaining and fun with her. Here is us with some really good friends, Adam, Rob, and Sam. We flew kites one day!




Here is our famous "Three Amigos" stance.




Sometimes we had a little too much and fun got in a little trouble! Like when we got Q'ed for not having the window blinds ALL the way up when the boys came over! whopps!


So here is our first experience at the Lava Hot Springs! To sum it up in one word... akward! The car ride seemed like it was 4 hours long.. we were squished in this tiny car with about 8 people stuffed in it. Lorie sat by some peeps (i wont mention names :) ) who "made out" the whole ride and then we get to the Hot Springs and this scary-lary guy kept following us around.... ehh weird!



haha Low I love your face in this pic! So we were blessed to have had a few... interesting... FHE Brothers!


This pretty much explains our whole 4 years at school! Lorie would go out on dates every night and I would stay at home all bundled in my down coat! yay!




If you didn't know... sometimes we can be joined at the hips... with one body and two heads!

Good times dying eggs!




Our Amazing quote wall! Low click on the pic and you can read some of them! haha love em!

can you say freshman 15? Yeah we ate lots of ice cream! (we look so young here i think!)


So if i could explain Low to people in a few words they would include...."she has ninja skills like you wouldn't believe", "loves music, snowboarding and art" "all time movie quoter", "avid reader", "loves to travel", "she trips people like no other", "she loves lucky charms minus the lucky part" and "her sense of humor is kinda warped"



So a fun memory with Low is "bundling" and going to the grocery store to buy our few needs and many wants (ice cream, cookies, choc chips)! We bought a red wagon so we could put all our grocery bags in there on the 1.5 mile ride home! Well the wagon lasted only 3 or 4 times and then it broke from us trying to ride in it too! It was fun while it lasted though!



Good Times! One night we decided to be "secret agent ninjas" and run around campus and cause trouble. Lorie and I climbed this tree and met some random guys in the tree as well! haha who would have thought! They were so random and crazy!


It was fun having Lorie's birthday during the school year! I got her a Ninja Turtle ice cream cake freshman year, Wendy's frosty Sophomore year, and "surprise" party Junior year.. three things Low couldn't live without!


One of my favorite Wednesday night activities! Mirror art! After clean checks we would color on the mirror all our favorite quotes we had said that week!



Fav Pic ever!! not really sure what we were doing... prob running around outside without shoes on..


so Low I really appeciate you putting up with my "cooking" and "experiementing"! You were always up to try my creative inventions and weird concoctions! :) Here is a white sauce i tried to make! sick....



Halloween! Good times all three years!


Ice skating on the ponds!


Lorie and i were bored one night and decided to have a photo shoot. I think it was when we both found out that we had cowboy hats out at school! So we put them on and then took random pictures of us "riding a horse", "kissing an egg" and "cooking"




Sledding adventures were always fun! Especially that one time we went with that kid Tommy that we had met that same day!


hmm... how to explain this one? Well we liked to layer when we went stadium singing! It was freezing outside, so we wanted to be warm.. yet still wear our sunday clothes to be in the spiritual mood!


Other fun adventures: "spudding", galley trips, our "*shake shake*", snowboard adventures and road trips to Utah!





Sophomore year! photo shoot! Well Well Well... wasn't sophomore year a bundle of joy at Davenport appartments! fun Fhe brothers, fun roomies: DeAnna, Sherri, Amelia, Paige, Debbie, and you can't forget TRACy!!! Tracy was our wonderful roomate who kept us rolling on the floor from laughing. She loved eating applesauce with chop sticks and sleeping on the coach. She also talked very loud and picked Easter and Christmas songs to sing in Relief Society. Tracy's staple food was raw oatmeal and applesauce! We also took a few classes together like boring Old Testament, calculus with Ben and english with Sister Pyscho!




Going to the rodeo... ahh long hair!



Fun night! So we decided to have a campout in the back of Debbie's truck! It was still freezing at night and so we put a tarp over the bed of her truck, bundled, and spooned.. but it was still freezing! Lorie was soo sweet to let me have the middle and bless her heart i could hear her during the night shivering because she was so cold on the outside!



Fun tradition to eat at New Fongs! Lorie is so giving! She paid for ALL our dinners that night.. just because!

Ward 100 lap relay!

Skating with our FHE brothers! This was one of the funnest nights!


Me and Lorie liked to take short cut through buildings to stay warm. Here we cut through 4 school buildings to get home! Lorie also loves to take any kind of short cut that she can if it will get her from point A to point B faster!


Other fun sophomore adventures: our bowling teams, super music playing/directing duo at church, and unofficially joining my soccer team




HAWAII!!! This was by far the BEST traveling exploring adventure ever! Lorie and I spent 2 months in Hawaii living in La'ie and taking a few classes at BYU-Hawaii. It was so much fun and we had so great memories there!




...like waitressing at the PCC! We got to wear these sweet Moomoos, listen to the same "aloha-a" song over and over again and meet some cute polynesians!

We also went skydiving!! Best time ever!

Hawaii was so much fun exploring and enjoying life! We worked, went to school and played. We were across the street from the beach and so we would relax on the beach every day and then travel around the island every chance we got! We lived with the Chowans and their 5 kids! Our Relief Society was so loving and accepting! I love the Polynesian culture!



Junior year! to start it off we floated down the canal with Sherri! It was a little cold but fun! Junior year was a lot of fun! We loved living in American Manor! We had some fun roommates: Sherri, Paige, Lacy, Kristin, Tamar and Alyse!



Girls night at Alyse's! good times playing DDR and ping pong! Lorie and I played ping pong where every time you hit the ball you had to say a random word! It got a little hard after a while!


Girls ask Guys Dance! We dressed up as Louis Lane, Lucille Ball, and Sandra D!


We liked to watch movies up in our storage attic! It's about as big as it looks in this pic! We were a little squished!



Other junior year adventures: Locks of love, bike riding with flat tires, temple volunteers, you came to my half marathon to cheer and support, and our "harmless pranks" to the boys- took out light bulbs and shoelaces, switched DVD’s into different cases, put cups of water with dead fish in them on the floor....and not to mention the year before we put honey on the boys doors, mashed potatoes pearls in their toilets and dye in the top part of the toilet!


Lorie you are just splendidly beautiful! I loved our pillow talk every night and fun adventures!


OKay so California was a blast and really our last "oo-hah" before Lorie got married! I came to California on such a whim and Lorie went through quite a bit of loop holes (even though she was so busy planning her wedding) to let me live with her and the girls and work at Moxie! This was such a blessing for me to be able to go to Califonia and to have everything work out like it did. I had such a fun time in California and it was fun to help Low a little with wedding stuff and meet BFF's Megan and Brig!



Working at Moxie was not so fun.. but we all made it fun working together! We had fun on the weekends at the beach and playing! We also had Frosty Friday and BEST WEEK EVER! We got to see Wicked in L.A. too! One thing i will never forget is when Lorie practically risked her life for me to save my life!!! So she was so sweet to bike along me when i would go on my long runs in California! She was so sweet to bike alongside me and talk and keep me company! So I think this run was about 13 miles and it was well over 100 degrees outside! We had both not drank enough water and we only had this little water bottle for the whole way! Well the last 2 miles we were both so tired and light headed! I couldn't run anymore and so Lorie let me sit on the bike seat while she stood up and pedaled the last 2 miles home! Oh my! she was my dear life savor even though she was sweating, light headed, thirsty and just as tired as i was! Her bike tires were both flat too! Thanks Low your the BEST!



BEST WEEK EVER!! Megan quickly became our BFF and we had so much fun with her in California! It was so fun to have BEST WEEK EVER with her and Brig where we all slept out in the living room with our mattresses, had yummy frozen yogurt, went to the beach, had girls night and i ate Taco Bell with them!! :)



Senior year! Me and Low still got to hang out quite a bit even though she got married! Here we went to the slam dunk contest!


Cheering for Mason with Meg and Brig!


at the dance! as you can see here.. Me, Low and Mason are a happy family!



I love ya Low! Thanks so much for the good times! You have always been there for me ready to listen and give advice! I remember one time when i called you around 11:00 p.m. crying about stupid boys and you came over to my apt to be there with me! Even though you are married and "moved on" you are still so selfless and compansionate and willing to help!


9 comments:

Karie said...

Madison - this is so sweet. Lorie Ann is so fortunate to have a friend like you! XOXO

Karie said...

I love that quote wall - I have always loved Lorie's handwriting too...and the picture you took of Lorie with the fall leaves is one of my favs. May your 10 day visit be wonderful! I remember meeting your family the day you moved in - fantastic people!

Melissa P said...

Mads- such a sweet post! You and lorie are so lucky to have each other! Im excited for her to come up in a few days!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

This is the coolest thing in the whole world!!! Oh Madison, you're the sweetest girl in the whole world. This was really cool.

Anonymous said...

Mads this is so cute! Seriously what a good friend! I just love you girls!

Brigitte said...

I agree with everything everyone just said! I'm so glad you came to Cali and got to be our BFF. Megan and I would be completely lost without you. You and Lorie are the greatest and I miss you both!

Mason Bourne said...

We are not a happy family....the three of us.

Anonymous said...

oh maddie lou. boys are stupid and as long as they continue to be so, i will be right there crying too. we have had the very best times together. i cannot believe how incredibly lucky i am to have been given a friend like you. it is that very fact that has shown me on many occasions that heavenly father truly loves me and is aware of me.

Velma said...

Madz, what a sweet tribute to Lorie. What fun times you have had together. Good friends are sometimes hard to come by and you and Lorie are blessed to have one another. May your friendship continue all of you life. It was nice having Lorie here for her visit. She is a sweet girl. (as is YOU)