So as you all know Spence and I are engaged! I thought it would be fun to do a "her/his story", so here is my version and we will see what my sweet finace comes up with!:) He is not much into the whole lovey dovey sappy stuff, and though I am not either, it's fun to add the details for prosperity's sake! :)
so... about a year ago I moved into the Garden Park ward in SLC. I had just gotten back from Africa and was trying to decide if I should move to Provo or Salt Lake. Well I took my chances and moved to Salt Lake; found a great ward, a perfect place to live and a wonderful teaching job! Life was set. In October we had a Halloween roller skating party where I first met Spencer....mind you he was dressed in green tights and a robin hood hat that had gross long hair coming out of it! He had his roomie as his right hand man and they were checkin out the babes! His roommate Mike was the first one to actually talk to me and introduce himself, so my first impression of Spencer was that he was this shy quiet guy... um not true!:)
Then one day, I invited him and this other girl to go to this marriage prep class in another classroom, so they come.. and Spencer and this girl talked THE WHOLE TIME! They were way loud and I was a little sad that he didn't talk to me even though I had invited him.. so my second impression of this guy was.. not-spiritual, not nice, not into me.... also not true!
Well next thing you know Spencer adds me as a friend on facebook and then he messages me during Christmas break and asks me what I was doing.. I was in Washington so a swing and a miss for him! Then after Christmas we starting talking more at church and FHE, he invited me over for dinner and we kept seeing eachother at the same places, like parties and such.. well we bumped into eachother at this film festival and he finally thought.. "hey this girl is cool, I need to ask her out".. so our first date was climbing at the gym.. then we went back to his friends house and watched the Bachelorette finale.
After that, we went out again a few weeks later to dinner and then we went Geo-Caching. It was a super fun date and unexpectedly, he kissed me on the doorstep! (He said I looked like I wanted it, but this is the difference between girls and guys!)
*Let me put in a plug here real quick.. so I remember the night we went out to dinner we were talking about dating in general and marriage. We both found out that the other person was very scared of marriage in general and was NOT looking for that right then. Yes, we both wanted it, but I remember Spencer telling me that once you were married, you were boring and no fun! I was the same way, and was very scared of marriage for multiple reasons... *
anyway.. we started dating more often after that and took a few big trips right away. He invited me down to Las Vegas with him to Pirates Cove and then he came to New York and traveled around with my sisters and I for a few days!
After we started dating for a while I was surprised with myself. In the past, I had usually gotten sick of boys after a few weeks and was so done, but with Spence I never got bored or annoyed. We always had fun together and good conversation. He was super sweet and after getting to know him more, I realized that he wasn't this insensitive guy that I thought! He is really the sweetest and most generous man! We always have so much fun together and he makes me laugh a little too much.. so anyway we continued to date, even though we both were surpised that we weren't bored with it yet..
About a month into dating, he told me he loved me! I had never been told this or told anyone this before, so I didn't know what to do. I said thank you and gave him a big hug. Then I started asking him questions like how he knew and what love was... oh boy was that akward! :) I should have just gone with it.. anyway I knew I loved him more than anyone else (not even a close match) but didn't bring up the nerve into telling him until a few weeks after he told me!
After that we started dating more seriously, and though we were still apprehensive of where it could lead, I think we both started liking the idea of being with eachother all the time! I remember having a few spiritual experiences that helped me to know that I wanted to marry this man! I also remember going on a walk with him one night and we went up to a elementary school to watch the sunset! It was a gorgeous night and I remember that was the first time we both talked about the idea of us getting married. It was exciting! I think that night, we both felt so good about the decision to marry and start a life together!
Well after that things just fell into place and the next thing you know he was in Washington with me at our family reunion.
So we did a little ring shopping and wedding planning, figured out a date (as we worked around my school and his BYU games!). I showed him the type of ring that I liked, but told him to pick it out! When I picked him up in Seattle at the aiport, he told me he didn't bring the ring! I was a little bummed, but put on a good face and told him that it was okay because I didn't want him to propose infront of my family! My sisters kept telling me that he had the ring and that he was going to, but I thought I knew when he was lying and told them that he wasn't and that he didn't have the ring!
One night we were making dinner and Spence, as blunt as he is, says to my dad, "So Bart, when do you want to have that talk!". My dad was like, "well we can have it now.. ".. so my mom, dad and Spence went and talked for an hour in the other room!
That night I wanted to show Spencer the stars outside because they are just amazing! There are no city lights for hundreds of miles, so the sky is so sparkly and pretty! So we put on my brothers flannel jackets from the mud-room and went on a walk. We were talking and he was telling me sweet nothings about how he loved me and was so excited to marry me! He grabbed my hand and he had something in his hand. Well, I thought it was a starburst wrapper since we had just ate some, so thought it was a little weird that he had it in-between our hands, but didn't think much of it! Well in his mind, he thought I would know what that little something was and start to freak out, but when I didn't he was trying to think of another way for me to realize. So he hugged me and took my hands behind my back and started to put the ring on my finger behind my back! It was then that I finally caught on to what was going on. He got down on his knee and asked me to marry him! It was really sweet and a prefect way.. I loved it!

I am so so excited to marry Spencer! I can't believe we are actually do this! :) There will never be a dull moment with this man! Spencer is also very genergous with his time, talents and money. He is such a good person and I know will take good care of me and a family. He is always looking for ways to help. I am so happy that we are both pretty chill and easy going people. We have never heavily argued or gotten mad at eachother. Now, I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, but I think it's a pretty good sign that even through planning a wedding and not seeing eye to eye on things that we can comprimise and learn to give and take!
So all I gotta say is, watch out! cause Spencadison is getting married!! :)
be watching for "his story"




7 comments:
YAY for Spencadison!!! I'm so FREAKIN' excited! :)
So happy for you two! Looking forward to meeting him!
Yeah!! SO cute! It was fun to hear the whole story. I'm so stoked for you guys. Married life is THE BEST, you're going to love it!!
Thanks Mads for sharing the story. It was great! Now it is Spencer's turn...
I'm obsessed with spencaddison! Love and love you guys!
Mads!! I'm so happy for you! He seems so great for you. I wish i didn't live so far away so that I could've meet him! Love you!!
I love these stories! You guys are so dang cute. Married life is seriously the best and I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment