24.4.11

we ran to BosTon!


So this last week, Dani and I ran the Boston Marathon! It was such a neat experience! I absolutly loved it! There are about 30,000 people who run the race. That is a ton of people! On top of that, there are thousands of people cheering for you along the way. There is hardly ever a spot in the race that there isn't someone cheering for you. It is amazing the patriotism this city has for Boston and the marathon runners! I loved their energy and love for the runners! So many people would yell to me, "you go blue shirt!" (I was wearing a blue tanktop) "your HOT.. keep running!" "you gotta run hada and fasta!" (now this is to be said in a Boston accent where they don't pronounce their 'er' sounds. The fans were screaming their lungs out to cheer you on! So many people cheering for you! It is very inspiring! My personal favorite was this guy that was telling his friend to cheer by saying.. "Just cheer for them.. they are running to frickin BOSTON!"


Before the race, dani and I did a little sight seeing. Boston is a really cool city!








And then the fun part.. so my parents came down to cheer for us and little did we know that our sister Rachelle was coming too! She totally surprised us and came to cheer for us! Love you guys! It was awesome to have them there supporting us!


Here we are ready to go the morning of the race!



After the race with our medal and space blanket! My legs were so sore! I had two goals for this marathon... to make it under 4 hours and to not walk. I barely made both! I made it in 3:56 and some places on the course it took everything out of me to not stop and walk. My legs were killing me by mile 22 and I was hurting really bad!



The dream team cheered us on! You are the bEST!



After the race, we took a little Duck Tour. This was a bus on wheels that took us around the city, but then it turned into a boat and drove us on the Charles River!


Funny Bus saying..


Then we decided to take alittle tour to New York!


..and... spencer decided to join us! He doesn't like taking goofy pictures.. so I initiated him into the Bradshaw way by introducing him to the "funny faces" we like to do!


Times Square!





Walkin the Brooklyn Bridge!



Shell Bell workin it on the bridge!


Brooklyn Bridge!








Getting a little pizza in Little Italy at Lombardi's!



The Lady herself



Phantom show! It was wayy good!



Riding Bikes in central park! the Tandom was a doozie!


7 comments:

chelse said...

wow that's amazing. You're amazing and I think it's so great that you ran the Boston marathon. One is enough for me. You're my inspiration

Velma said...

Such a great experience for me to be there with you. You did awesome in the Boston and you are an inspiration for me. Such fun pictures of your trip.

rachelle said...

had the best time with you and dani and mom and dad and spence and lady liberty and the lady who didn't speak english and the guy checking dani out...

Lindsay Rosas said...

You are incredible!!!!! and you completely inspire me!

Anonymous said...

"It's totes the best hun-cal fro-yo."

"A safety and security reminder from TheBus. If you see something, Say something." (to be said in deep bus-announcer man voice).

Bahhhh I LOVE you!

Landecor said...

Ahhh looks like a ton of fun!!!! You guys are amazing for running to frickin Boston! :)

megan.bradshaw said...

you are a CHAMPION at life. Seriously though, way to go with Boiston, you ah a stahhhh dahhling!