18.10.09

the joy of dying!

Sorry if this is morbid.. but recently I have been thinking a lot about death and all of its complexities yet the simplicitiy of it! In its simpliest form, I know who I am, Why I am Here and Where I am going and Why I am going there. It is a beautiful and calming thing to know this! I feel deeply blessed to have this knowledge and to know these simple answers to the most complex questions. I wish everyone had this same knowledge and understanding!






*Side Note* My personality is very earthy, where I physically feel the saddness of others. I think this why recently I have been thinking about death. Four years ago my dear friend, Jordan, died in a car accident. It was the first time I had to deal with something so unexpected and so emotionally painful before. I know people have similar experiences of loved ones dying all the time and it makes me so sad when they don't know where their loved one is going after death or why their loved one had to leave them. It makes me hurt to know that some people think they will never see their loved ones again. Can you imagine? Saying goodbye.... or not being able to say goodbye... for FOREVER! NEVER seeing them again?? Why would we be on this earth to create relationships, learn to love and be loved, have a family of our own... to have it destroyed the minute we dye? It just doens't make sense.


Recently a girl in our ward unexpectedly died from a seizure. She was my age! It has just made me think about my purpose here and how Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. This girl in my ward must have fulfilled her purpose and fulfilled all that Heavenly Father wanted her to! She completed her mission! This makes me so excited and anxious to go HOME and have my MISSION completed! :) What joy! What happiness!


One of my favorite quotes from conference was when President Monson said, "We are all in this together. Play YOUR part well!" I love this! It is so true. We are ALL in this together. WE are all trying to get to the same place. WE are all working our hardest to complete our mission! We must help out each other because in the end we are all going to the same place!! AHH LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true. Sometimes we get caught up in "winning" in life and completely forget that Heavenly Father didn't create a "Race to Happiness." It is a plan that can be achieved by everyone. And if we aren't living it and helping those around us to reach that too, then our we've failed our most important mission.

Mason Bourne said...

who blogs about the joy of dying? weirdo.