15.5.10

growing up....

so I guess when you finish college, you are supposed to grow up into the real world and get a job and buy a car. Well let me just tell you that I must be growing up because i just BOUGHT A CAR!! It's so exciting and I don't know if I should cry, laugh, or hug someone! Well lets start with the first thing.. I did cry after I left the Honda dealership after I had signed papers and had the keys handed to me! It's a big thing, a big payment, and a big commintment.. and I had been there for 6 hours so I was ready to leave anyway!

I also laughed many times as I arrived at the Honda place alone feeling very small in this world and didn't want to be taken advantage of... there were about 10 guys standing out on the curb just waiting for people like me to come ... but my wonderful dad probably called me about 15 times helping me out and telling me what to say and my Awesome, Amazing, Fantastic brother-in-law Jim came to my rescue when he showed up and told these guys what was up!

Seriously he was soo good at talking to them and getting them to lower the price and throwing in extra things!! And it was like a movie, because the salesman wasn't going down to what Jim wanted him to and so Jim was just like "K, well we will keep shopping for a car.. come on Madz" and we left!!!! I was soo sad and scared and didn't know what was going on, so i followed him out the door and all Jim said was... "just wait Madz, they will come..". I was thinking.. yeah right! They won't come running OUT of the STORE back to you telling you they lowered the price... but that is EXACTLY what HAPPENED!!!! We were literally getting in the car and the salesguy comes running out, saying they would throw in an extra year of maintanence work on the car!!! OH my goodness I just wanted to scream and hug everyone! That is some faith people! Jim had them pinned down so tight and really did squeeze everything out of these guys! I really do get the biggest smile on my face just thinking about how he talked them down so much!

I am totally impressed and amazed at his skills! So thank you again Jim!
I am now a proud owner of a cute little 2004 Four Wheel Drive Honda CR-V!!!!

Now i just need to name her..... any suggestions?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

congrats! love the car... isn't Jim the best EVER? :)

Karie said...

That is such a cute car! Way to go! Just the process of buying your own car makes you grow up. However, you don't want to do that too often, eh? What a nice brother-in-law you have! Go girl!

Anonymous said...

Madz! That car is the bomb.com!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! She is definitely a girl car...I'll brainstorm for names.

Oh my gosh. I am so glad Jim was there! I actually had this conversation with Mason today because I was returning something and the guy at the store wasn't going to give me my money back and I just said "okay" and Mason came up and was like "No, this and that...blah blah blah" and the guy said "Okay, I'll give you a full refund."

Mason thinks that salespeople do that to all girls, so we have to learn to be more bold. It's hard!

Anyway, congrats girl! You have so much going on right now and that is such an exciting step!! I am so happy for you!

rachelle said...

awww.... how about Coopsy? It rhymes with Poopsy and it starts with C for CRV... or the Crazy Rad Vehicular... :)

Collette said...

AHHH! I read your post out loud to Kyle because i loved it so much! I am so excited for you and know that you are going to be a great car owner :) Kyle thinks you should name her Amira good luck with the name choosing!

p.s. Amira means princess

Melissa P said...

Sweet ride mads! I love it! Does it have a sunroof? It kinda looks like there is one on the pic but I cant tell- CONGRATS on your first big purchase!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

Oh my gosh!!! You are totally an adult! This is crazy!!!!! It's funny, because even though I'm graduated and having a kid, I still don't feel like an adult...lol


I love you! And I'm so proud of you. Congrats.