Italy 2007
So I’m sitting outside Starbucks (no not with a drink) on State Street and 5900 South. It is the most beautiful September 19th day ever! Sunny… windy… cool… HOT! I absolutely LOVE people watching.. . but even more I love listening to their conversations and analyzing their daily life, their struggles and happiness! There are two ladies sitting next to me sipping their lattes talking in Spanish… dang it! I can’t ease drop… hmm there’s a man crossing the street with a long ponytail, green tank-top and bear belly, A dad with his son in soccer cleats, woa! A “Just Married” car, an old lady with 3 dogs, a hormonal teenage boy texting inside with his sunglasses still on, Harley boys with their leather get-up, men in suits, people honking, aww a little boy just smiled and waved at me! LOVE IT! Okay so on to my most recent thoughts… Recently I have been thinking about how much my Heavenly Father has blessed me this past year. I feel like I have relied on Him and leaned on Him more than any other time of my life. I am so grateful for His love and His plan. He truly does know each of us…. like really really KNOWS us! and has a plan for each of us…. a specific plan that we must learn to embrace. It has been interesting to see where my life has gone and how everything unfolds as we grow… . I am still clueless as to where I will be in 3 months but I know something is waiting for me! I’m just trying to live one day at a time.
It is interesting to think about where I was a year ago and what I thought I would be doing at this time. I thought I had things figured out, but just as those thoughts entered my mind, curve balls were thrown from every direction. I was humbled and became best friends with the edge of my bed each morning and night and in-between.
I just feel His overwhelming LOVE!!
The Atonement is a beautiful thing and I am so so grateful for my trials and hardships so that I can use it in my life. I am grateful for those bad days, painful days, emotional days, achy body days, somber days, lonely days, and cry-your-eyes-out-for-no-reason days where the Atonement is present and used for ME, just ME. I feel Heavenly Father has blessed me and trusted me with so many things! And he DOES answer prayers. I have prayed for good college roomies.. BAM done! I prayed to know why I hurt and ached so much a while back… BAM I know! I have prayed to feel His love and comfort. BAM I feel it so strong! I prayed to know why I went home this summer when I wanted to go somewhere else.. BAM I know! I prayed for a good experience in Utah with teaching and roomies.. BAM it’s the best!
Last Sunday in Relief Society our teacher gave us a quote that I absolutely LOVE: “Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.” – Corrie Ten Boom.
I feel so lucky and blessed for my family and friends that have been part of my life! Honestly.. everyone says they have the best friends and family…. BUT I definitely DO! Hands down… THE BEST in every possible way!
Sorry this is turning into a novel, but I just had to say my thoughts and write them down. I had to seize this opportunity before my next thunderstorm and trial roll along.. I would feel so ungrateful if I didn’t recognize my Savior and His Atonement, His plan and His love.
Don’t think that I have everything figured out because I don’t. I am far from that and still have much to learn (like how to discipline those first graders), much to experience (like watch Star Wars and eat a Hot Dog at a baseball game), much to see (like starving children in Africa), much to be taught (like how to properly ride a long board), much to discover (like how to cook like my mama), much to do (like ride in a hot air balloon), and how to love more openly (like the jerk who scratched my car with his car door!)…. It’s one day at a time… thank goodness!
7 years ago



9 comments:
I love your blog!!! I found it through Orchid's. You are so cute! i totally loved your most recent post...so true. i love this Gospel beyond words.
I hope students teaching, and every other part of your life is doing well :) you are so great!
*ps i totally loved that quote...i had to add it to my blog!
Oh Mads, you are too amazing. I agree with everything you said, with how things work out, with reliance on Heavenly Father, with so much to learn, with how different our plan can be from His. I just love you! How amazing are you that you can realize all this? Too good.
Miss and love you!
:) Thanks for your thoughts girl. You are one incredible person and I just don't know what I would have done without you in my life for last few years (that seem like a lifetime). I am so glad that things are looking up and I know there is SO MANY MORE wonderful things in store for you. I love ya.
Madz,
You are a sweet heart.
Thanks for being such an amazingly wonderful child.
Love,
Mom and Dad
This was incredible and just what I needed to hear. I love you Madison... please call me when you can.
208-530-0134
what an example you are to me and the world.
Madison!! Seriously, I have felt these exact same thoughts in the last week. He knows each of us and loves us so so much. He loves us too much to let us fail! Thanks for this. I needed it! I love you and hope to hear from you soon!
pss, I feel the same way and I'm over twice as old as you. Just keeps happening - good times, hard times --- the Lord is ALWAYS there! You're awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh madzy, i just read this and i love it. just what i needed to hear and read at this very very moment. thank you for your positive attitude and your insightfulness. i miss you and spending time with you! love you so much dear sister
love the quote!!! Thanks for sharing this post- its always good to be reminded of how much the lord truly loves each one of us
Post a Comment