6.7.09

Happy 4th!!!!

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday!! I just love everything about it! I love being with family, eating outside on the grass, wakeboarding, skiing, and tubeing, horse-back riding, fireworks and playing in the sun! This year we were able to do all these things! Rachelle, Melissa and their families came up which was so much fun! Danielle and Parker went on a 50 mile hike and they got back Saturday night!
Here are some highlights of the week!


So here's Parker and Dani on their hike


While we are back at home.... giving the pigs shots!!


Meg and Sydney made a delicious 4th of July dessert!!


Dad grilling burgers!! Yes I did eat one juicy red meat burger after 3 years of no red meat!

I dont have any pictures of our illegal fireworks (yes they are illegal in our county because of fire hazard) but we sure had fun with fireworks this year! We lit off sparklers and these ones that you light and then throw! So I got 4 fireworks and tied them together... had dad light them all at once and then i threw them in the air! Well they weren't all tied together very well because one flew off and landed on my shirt burning a hole through it! yesss.... i love holes in my shirt from fireworks.


Boating!


So me, meg and Bailey all kneeboarded and we tried to get us all on the same board! Here is Bailey jumping onto the back of mine.. but when meg tried to get on the front we totally nose dived!


Damian wanted a try at the kneeboard!


water skiing


So dad says, "Bailey I will give you $100 bucks if you catch one of those baby ducks in the water..." Well Bailey jumped right in the water and caught one! I did contribute to this catch because I was luring the ducks in by throwing some pieces of a banana that I was eating to them!


A little biking adventure!


SLIP AND SLIDE!!! okay so our family had way too much fun with this thing!















Little baby Leatham!










Outside dinners are the best!
















5 comments:

Sarah said...

looks like you guys had a fun weekend! and way to go on the red meat... did it make you sick?

Melissa P said...

We had sooooo much fun with you guys!!! I cant believe I missed the hole in your shirt! I must have just barely gone inside!~

Anonymous said...

Mads, your fam is the cutest ever. I miss you more! Call me soon so we can talk about our adventures.

Mason Bourne said...

Your slip-n-slide looks like it is like 4 feet long. and, did your dad give her 100 bucks?

Karie said...

What a blast! I hope LorieAnn takes the opportunity to visit you!