6.2.11

I was meant to live in AZ


So last weekend, a few teachers from school and I took a trip down to warm and sunny Arizona. We signed up to run a 1/2 marathon and Sarah's grandmother lives down in Phoenix. It worked out perfectly that she lived so close to where we were running our race. I love Phoenix! It is such a pretty and clean city. The weather was perfect and after the race, we just sat outside and soaked up the sun rays! It was Sarah's FIRST half marathon and she rocked it! It was super fun to run this 1/2 marathon with these talented girls. The race is called London's Run and is in honor of a girl who died from leukAdd Imageemia a few years ago.

huge cactus in Sarah's Grandma's backyard!
On our way home we stopped at Hoover Dam and marveled at the NEWLY built bridge. It took 10 years to build the bridge! Hoover Dam is HUGE and quite an amazing man-made structure.
Im pretty sure the 24 hours in the car to drive there and back were way worth the trip to have a nice HOT weekend!

2 comments:

Velma said...

glad you loved Ariz but you were meant to live in WASHINGTON!!!!!
Way to go on the half marathon.
Get ready BOSTON, here you come!

Mers said...

No, no, no! I know it isn't good to go against what your cute mom says, but you were meant to live in Utah... forever!