
So yesterday I had some downtime after an interview and before Institute.. so I strolled around Salt Lake and ended up at the temple! Ahh it was soo relaxing and nice being on temple grounds! I love the feeling of being on the Lord's ground! I kinda went there looking for answers and divine inspiration... and though I did feel comforted and a feeling of calmness, I did see a marriage proposal and two girls coming out of the temple in their wedding dresses... hmmm not really sure what that was supposed to tell me...
This month we celebrated my Amazing Grandpa's 93rd birthday!!! We had a fun get together at my Aunt's house and there were about 65 cousins all together! It was so fun and I am grateful for my Grandpa and his love!
So I am still living with Sarah and Jim which has been such a BLESSING!! I have absolutly loved living with them and their cute family. Sarah and I have a good system where I am able to run, she is able to go to the gym, I can stay with the kids while she drives Grace to school and I get to cook once a week too!! It has been fun trying out different recipes and learning new things! (Like: FYI.. when it calls for breadcrumbs you don't just toast some bread and rip it into small pieces.. No there is something at the store actually called "Breadcrumbs"! whopps) But I have made some sweet stuff that Im pretty proud of since I never cooked in college (I am a cereal kind of girl!)
Feta, Herb and Sun-dried tomatoe stuffed chicken!

Corn and two bean burger with chipotle sauce!!

Rosemary Focaccia and Chicken Lasagna

Oh and by the way... Sarah is an amazing cook! It's like eating at a restaurant every meal!! love it! YUMM soo good!
I have also been subsititute teaching quite a bit! It has been nice going to classrooms and teaching and getting my foot in the door! Subbing is not as bad as it seems! You just go in there acting like you are really mean.. and then they are good and nice and then you can be nice and kick back! And I get there when school starts and leave when school ends! Its soo nice! No staying late to lesson plan.. and you don't have to worry about parents, grades, testing or collegues!

Jazz game with one of my Best Friends Jeff.. but like everyone else he is getting married!!! :)
I have been applying for jobs like CRAZY!!! really i apply for at least 3 or 4 a day.. bringing my total number of applications, resumes, coverletters to about 50!!! GOod times!
I still laugh so hard each day from my adorable nieces! Claire is hillarious!! Some good quotes lately....

"mom did you buyded the scout girl cookies?"
Jim explaing to her our private parts..... "wait..is your "chest" those little dots?"
while eating hamburgers...."i dont want the bun.... wait what part is the bum (bun)?"

Claire helped me make the focaccia!! She is such a good helper! Gotta love little kids!



9 comments:
I hope you get a job soon! Sounds like you have been filling out way too many applications! One will come your way! That food sounds/looks so yummy! Come cook for me!!! love ya!
you forgot the best part, "I don't have a chest."
we LOVE having you here, you are turning in to quite the little chef yourself! :)
Oh Hey Mads,
Headmaster called- he said he wants you to move back and make him tons of sweet stuff. Also, he loves you.
K bye!!!
hi there schmoops! cute cute blog. fun post. fun pics. love you!
mads this is like the randomest post ever. ha ha first LOVED the part about the bread crumbs. I was laughing so hard! And seriously the food you took pics of looks so good! I want the recipes to the sun dried tomatoe stuffed chicken and your focaccia and chicken lasangia. Do you think you could email them to me?? for reals. if you get a sec it's chelsnry@gmail...
and i read your your comment about my book! thanks so much! and if you really want to learn I'll teach you. you have to get some supplies if you're really want to make your own but we could do it one weekend! sorry for such a long comment!
Such a cute blog. I loved the pictures of Claire and you. What fun memories you are building with your neices, Max, Jim and Sarah.
Your dinner meals look and sound yummy. Sounds like you have a good system worked out between you and Sarah. Have Fun. Continue to enjoy life and Be Happy. A job will come soon enough.
Lol. Claire is TOO cute. i love it.
That food looks delectable!
you have a blog!?? since when!??!?
i'm adding you! i miss youuuuu!!!!!
Post a Comment